« Last post by tomstreet on April 22, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »
from page 39 of the AAA handbook;
K. Home School. In accordance with ACT 1469 of 2013, a home school student shall be given the opportunity to try out for an athletic or non-athletic competitive activity or team in their resident public school district if the following criteria are met:
1. Inform the principal of the resident school district in writing of their request to participate in the interscholastic activity before the signup, tryout, or participation deadlines established for students enrolled in the resident school district.
2. Inform the principal in the request that the student has demonstrated academic eligibility by obtaining: a minimum test score of the thirtieth percentile on The Stanford Achievement Test Series, Tenth Edition, or another nationally recognized norm-referenced test in the previous (12) months, or a minimum score on a test approved by the State Board of Education.
3. In order to be eligible to participate, the student must be enrolled within the first (11) days of the fall or spring semester.
4. Meets the same requirements as enrolled students in regards to practice times, required drug testing, permission slips, waivers, physical exams, and participation fees.
5. The student cannot be required to be enrolled in more than (1) period per school day.
6. Be transported by the resident school district to and from interscholastic activities as the resident school district transports other students who are enrolled in the resident school district.
7. If the student withdraws from an Arkansas Activities Association member school to be home schooled, the student shall not participate in an interscholastic activity in the resident school district for a minimum of (365) days after the student withdraws from the member school.